THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

The deal is sealed.  I am now officially Kelli Larson! November 15th was an amazing day.  It is funny how people give you so much advice prior to your wedding day….like to eat enough beforehand because you won’t have a chance to take a bite of your meal….to make sure to stop and look around you every half hour and take in the beauty of the day….to be prepared for at least three things to go wrong during the night because it is bound to happen and to just laugh as they come…to relish in the moment because it will be over before you know it………well yes.  I realized everyone knew exactly what they were talking about!  I wish that day could have lasted all week.

From the very beginning of our engagement Sam and I talked about how we wanted our wedding to be one where every single person we ever loved and cared about could be with us to celebrate.  We wanted to have the biggest party of our lives….surrounded by all the people we loved.  Well it was that and more.

It hit me as I stood there on the alter, hand in hand with my “almost” husband, how incredibly blessed I am.  To look around and see the face of nearly every true friend I have ever had, to have the support of 7 of the most amazing women standing up beside me, to see family who had traveled from near and far to be with us, to have parents who have shown me nothing but love, and to look into the eyes of the man I knew would stand by me forever, in sickness and in health, til death do us part….(gulp).  It is a bit hard to explain in words the depth of love I felt that day, but it is something I will never forget.

I wanted to share a handful of my favorite pictures from the day. Shot by Erica. The wedding and reception were both held outside in the backyard of a friends house in El Cajon, CA. And although it was the middle of November, the sun decided to shine on us.

1a 1b 2 3 4a 5

My dress is by Pronovias – San Patrick, and I wore ‘pearl’ flats by Jeffrey Campbell. My amazing sister did my hair and my good friend Janelle, who works for Laura Mercier, did my makeup. Sam’s suit is from H&M.; Florals were by Brenda Davis Landini.

And even though I am a little embarrassed to say it,  I found my bridesmaids dresses at Charlotte Russe for only $38 dollars?!  (I know…what!?) Well, it’s true.  I had my eyes set on this $400 Alice & Olivia dress that I just LOVED.  But when that didn’t pan out, I looked EVERYWHERE! And low and behold, Charlotte Russe cam to my rescue! haha!  I altered the dress myself, removing the ric rac that was on it and adding my own trim below the bust. I used the same tattered tool on the top of my own dress to tie it all in.  My friends are the most beautiful people I know.  How I love them!

6 7 7b 8 9

12 13 14 15 16b 16c 16 18 17b 17 19 20 21

1. Alexis Goodman

Kelli–
    I don’t know you but we have a bunch of friends in common–Meg Benton, Annie Crandall, Seth Philpott…. I saw your wedding photos on facebook today (since a bunch of friends were tagged in them) and you wanted to tell you they are AMAZING! And inspiring! I’m actually getting married this spring to Jason Ward who I think you know. I’ll be living in SD so maybe one of these days I’ll get to meet you! Again, lovely wedding.

Thanks so much Alexis! ….would love to meet you when you are down in SD!
      Good luck with the planning process….I know how nutty it can get!

2. Heather

Kelli – LOVE your wedding!! I saw it on greenweddingshoes and have been back a few times for inspiration. :) Thank you so much for sharing!

My fiance is wondering where Sam’s wedding band is from and what type of metal it is?

Thanks!

P.S. Love your artwork too!

3. brittany barney

wow, i can not get over your wedding!!! it looks amazing. i love everything about it. so wonderful. and you are absolutely gorgeous! what a fabulously put together day and event. beautiful!

4. Amy Reid

So…I have to tell you how I discovered your beautiful wedding pictures!

I am going to dental hygiene school with Kayla Knutson (married to Adam Knutson). They know Sarah Jacobs. Kayla found your wedding on facebook through Sarah and showed it to me in class because I LOVE weddings. I was amazed by all the details and how beautifully everything came together.

Now just yesterday, I was helping my bride-to-be friend with save the dates and her sister pulled up a wedding video and made us watch. It was your video!!! She had found it on the green wedding shoes blog. How crazy! Everyone that sees pictures from your wedding, the video from your wedding, etc…is just blown away. It was idyllic. I know you must be so over-joyed with how everything turned out. I just wanted you to know how much everyone has loved your wedding! :)

Thanks for sharing all your pictures and the video!

5. Nicole

Saw your wedding on Green Wedding Shoes–it’s gorgeous! Question. Are those feathers behind the groomsman at your ceremony? Love! Where did you find such a thing?

Kind of :) They were these big stalks we found growing wild near my parent house in east county. We got permission to take a bunch of them! I have no idea where you might find these elsewhere though!

6. brandi

I saw your wedding on Green Wedding Shoes as well… I am not sure how much more can be said about it… Your wedding is amazing! I love the chandelier you used on your arch. I have been looking for one everywhere, but they are a bit pricey, can you tell me where you found yours?

7. kara

Such a beautiful wedding!!!! Saw it on Green Wedding Shoes, and was blown away. If I may ask, who is your dress by?

8. Vivian

What a gorgeous gorgeous wedding and bride! Would you believe I’m almost at the 2 yr mark and I haven’t finished picking the photos for my {already paid for} album?! Your pics inspire me to hurry up and do so!

xx Vivian

9. compact dishwasher built in

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

10. SARAH

Such a beautiful wedding :) if you don’t mind me asking, where did you get your pearl necklace from? <3