Hi! I am Joanna from Waterfall Creative and I’m here to share a fun little DIY with you!
After graduating college, a lot of my best friends have packed their bags and moved far from me. Out of my 9 bridesmaids, three live in different states, one lives 6 hours away, three are 4 hours from me, and 2 are within 30 miles. With the internet, Skype and Facebook, it can be easy to keep in contact, but there’s something about sending something real, something they can touch, that does so much more than a mere Facebook message or email. One thing I miss the most about my one friend in particular is our long conversations we would share over a cup of coffee or two, or three. So I decided to send my coffee buddy an “I Miss You A Latte” care package. So she can have a cup of coffee on me! Also, so that she knows I miss her terribly!
Now of course, you can make a care package with whatever you think your friend will like, but here’s what I did for my Coffee Care Package:
What you need:
- Your favorite coffee beans
- Homemade Vanilla Coffee Syrup (Love this recipe!)
- Two jars (one for beans one for syrup)
- Coffee Mug
- Paint Pen (or another kind of pen that will work on a coffee mug)
- Your favorite biscotti or cookie (so yums)
- A handwritten card (with a coffee stain or two)
- Craft paper
- Syrup container (optional)
- Coffee filters
Here’s The Steps:
1. Make your coffee syrup (seriously, so easy!)
2. Once the syrup has cooled, pour into a jar and make sure it is sealed tightly. Don’t want any spills!
3. Take your favorite coffee beans and place them in a tightly sealed jar.
4. Decorate your coffee mug! This is all about personalization, so do something you think your friend will love. I kept mine simple, putting a heart at the bottom, some dots along the handle and “Miss You Mug” on the front, so she knows I miss her every time she uses it!
5. Take your craft paper and label your coffee, syrup, biscotti, and handwrite a card telling your friend how much you miss her.
6. Pack a cardboard box up with all your items. I padded mine with coffee filters just to add to the theme.
7. Make sure everything is padded and sealed tight, tape up the box and send it off!
8. Have a coffee Skype date with your friend once she gets the package!
It’s not always easy to find those friends that you just “click” with. Someone who just gets you, who loves you with grace and laughter. When one comes along, hold onto that friendship tight! And if that sad day comes where they are no longer physically close to you, send them a package. Let her know you care, that you love her and miss her terribly. Just a few minutes making something small can mean so much to someone- and it may even remind you how much you love your friend.
So that’s it! The “I Miss You A- Latte” care package is complete! Hope the coffee friend in your life enjoys it!
Thanks so much Kelli for having me!