HOME TOUR: WORKSPACE

Kelli Murray //  Workspace

Part two of my home tour: the office. (part one here)

Let’s be honest.  A good majority of my time is spent in this little space.  Because I work out of my home, I really wanted to create a work environment that felt set apart.  Somewhere I could focus and feel inspired.  This room was the last on our long list of home improvements (not to say that list will ever really be complete).  It started as a guest room.  Covered with brown carpet and moss green walls. It’s amazing what a coat of white paint and wood floors can do to a room!  Sam ripped out the original closet and built in custom shelving and cabinets for storage.  I love the stark white walls mixed with the industrial details and all of the different wood finishes.  It certainly wasn’t my plan to have such a hodge podge mix of wood finishes, but luckily it all came together pretty nicely!

Vintage Wooden Spool from BonnBonn  /  Wooden Twine Holder from Oh, Hello Friend  /  Gold Leaf Ampersand by Edie’s Lab  /  Drafting Desk from World Market  /  Floor Lamp from Pottery Barn / Computer desk legs and tabletop from Ikea  /   Fiberglass Shell Chair by Modernica  /  Art Prints by Julianna Swaney and Anna Emilia  /  Gold Succulent sculpture by Waterstone Succulents / Dreamcatcher from Wildflower Dream Catchers

Photos by Jackie Wonders

1. Michelli

Oh, Kelli.. this is so beautiful!
    I follow your work and I’m in love.

Congratulations for your art, your house, your family, yours photographs..
    I really, really love this.

;*

2. Molly

I LOVE your studio! Especially all of the industrial elements and your Ikea desk! On the wood top, did you put a stain or any kind of finish on it?

3. Suzana S.

I LOVE the way your home looks so bright, airy, full of light and so inspirational! Like from a magazine :) It must be a joy to live in such beautiful home :)

4. Lisa

I just love your workspace palette whites & neutrals w/just a bit of color. Very serene. I love the faux throw on white chair. May I inquire where did you purchase?

5. kristen

love the office! so adorable. where did you find the brackets for your shelf? I love the simplicity of them.

6. Raven

Words cannot even describe how beautiful this is. I don’t know how someone can be so genius and pull things together like this. It’s so minimalistic.. not over done and I don’t know how people can truly pull this off. Especially with children! I commend you my dear blogger. I admire you for this, and hope I can do something of this nature to a room in my future house. It’s very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. <3

Raven Rosie

7. Hannah @ The Braided Bandit

Hi Kelli,
    I actually just came across your house tour on design sponge yesterday and it is without a doubt the prettiest house I have ever laid eyes on! And that’s coming from someone who looks at A LOT of housing interiors in their spare time! Just wanted to let you know how much I love your whole aesthetic and all of the little touches. My little studio apartment is definitely a work in progress but the bright white with cozy touches is definitely what I am going for :)
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Best,
    Hannah

thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

8. April

I looked through all the comments, and I was surprised to find that nobody asked how in the world you painted those black triangles on the wall behind your drafting desk! How did you paint those so perfectly aligned, and did you use a stencil or something? SO cute!

9. Nadia

Hi Kelli,

Absolutely LOVE your house and design.

I’m in the middle of a renovation and now having to decide on wood floors…. Just wondering what your floors were?

This room actually just has Ikea floors Nadia! Some other rooms have a nicer wood….but you can’t beat the price of ikea :)

10. Becca

Hi Kelli!

What a beautiful and refreshing space! I love it. Where is that little Batgirl print from? I saw you tagged where your art prints are from, but neither artist’s work seem to match that style. It’s so awesome!

11. Dakota

Hi Kelli!

I LOVE this workspace, it’s so simple and fun! Might I inquire where you got your shelf above your computer desk? It is so so lovely!