For a long time I have been wanting to add more family photos to our home. It seems like I never get around to printing out photos anymore. Everything is digital these days, which makes me kind of sad. There is definitely something special about holding physical prints of all of those captured memories. I loved this DIY because it brought me back to some of my favorite moments with my kids, and it’s something I can look at everyday and smile at those sweet faces.
1. Cut 5 strands of string all at the same length (roughly 5 ft). Make sure you cut them generously so you won’t run out of length at the end.
2. Begin to hole punch each photo at the center top and center bottom of each square photo. I used the smallest gauge punch on the Martha Steward Screw Punch. I decided to hang 35 photos, 7 per string and 5 across. But feel free to make this whatever width and length you want!
3. Start with your first string and thread it through to top hole of your first photo. Tie it in a knot…..leaving at least 8 inches excess string at the top. You will need that later to tie the string around your branch. The long part of your string you then thread through the bottom of the photo from back to font. No need to knot the bottom. Grab your next photo and thread the string from the front to the back and knot it. Basically, you just want your string to be visible on the back side of all of your photos and not the front. You just repeat this process until you get to the very end. At the bottom hole of your last photo, tie a knot. You can leave the excess string hanging or clip it.
4. Repeat this same process with all of your strings and photos. (it’s a bit time consuming!). Once you’re done, tie them all to your branch, evenly spaced out.
5. Hang it from your wall with two nail supporting the branch!