Who doesn’t love an ugly Christmas sweater? Or better yet, who doesn’t love an ugly Christmas sweater with a gift card inside!? I actually would wear either of these sweater designs in real life….so I’m not sure “ugly” applies here, but you get the idea. I’ve teamed up with Target for this fun holiday DIY. I know for me, some people in my life are SO hard to shop for. A Target GiftCard® is always a sure bet, but going the extra mile in how you present it will make it feel much more personal and thought out!
This DIY is super simple and just takes a little bit of creativity. Supplies needed are a paintbrush and watercolors, watercolor paper, scissors, a sewing machine (or a needle and thread to hand sew), scissors, and of course, your Target GiftCard®
1. First thing you’ll want to do is paint your sweater. Make sure that the body of the sweater is a little bit wider and a little bit longer than the size of your gift card. About 2.75″ x 4″.
2. After you are finished painting, measure 3.5 – 4″ past the end of your sweater and mark with a pencil. Cut out your sweater + the rectangle you’ve created below.
3. Cut a half circle notch at the bottom of the rectangle and fold to the back.
4. Sew each side shut with a sewing machine. Customize the back side with a “to and “from” or personalize with a note.
5. Punch a hole in the top shoulder and attach a string. You can add these to a packaged gift or gift them as-is!
We partnered with Target to bring you this slice of holiday cuteness as part of their #GiftCardCheer campaign.
Compensation was provided by Target via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.