DESERT GETAWAY

Well,  I would not recommend walking in 5 inch Jeffrey Campbell heels in rocky desert sands.  Risky business!  However, we were on our way to dinner and this stop was unplanned.  You gotta go with the flow, right?!  Driving into Palm Springs was breathtakingly beautiful.  We were listening to M83’s Hurry Up, W’ere Dreaming on the way in and the sounds of that album seemed to match the incredible sundrenched expanse of land that I was looking at out my window.  Pinwheels for days, the bluest sky, and puffy white clouds hovering just above the mountain tops.  It kind of gave me shivers.  God is an amazing creator.  We stopped at a lookout spot to take some photos and they are some of my fav’s….ever.  I melt over the one above of Sam holding Rylee.  It looks like they are on the set of some “Land Before Time” movie or something! haha. Rylee staring as Littlefoot.  Gahhh I love that movie!  I will have to get it for Rylee one day. Anyway….our two day getaway to the desert was perfect.  I threw together this little video of the trip.  Sorry, but it’s pretty much the Rylee show.  I didn’t take as much video as I thought I did…but you get the jest.  Rylee’s first ever vacation and she got to lounge by the pool in her bity suit and sunhat.  What a life.

Song: Woodland  by The Paper Kites

1. Maci

Absolutely adore your pictures! Could you Pinpoint on a map where exactly you took these pics? Would love to see this scenery in person one day. Merci x

2. leyla

i really loved the video. you three are just great together! it must’ve been amazing being surrounded by all that beauty. very serene.

3. Paschion

Your family is so beautiful! Just perfect! perfect! perfect! perfect! Loved the video, great editing and music in the background. The song playing in the video is it the same song that was playing in the car???? Please let me know.

4. Paschion

One more thing! you have to hold on to this video so rylee can see it when she’s older she would absolutely love it. And i love that name rylee! so precious just as she is.

5. kelli

Katelyn – my hat is from Forever21. A steal. :)
    Maci – I added the link above to where we stopped to take these photos. It was actually just at the Palm Springs Visitors Center.
    Paschion – The song in the video is Woodland by The Paper Kites….but the album we were listening to in the car was M83.
    xoxo!

6. Kylee

Your shoes are amazing! Totally worth any discomfort! And you’re family is adorable! I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog :)

7. Jen Cairel

Beautiful pictures!! I’ll have to watch the video at home..can’t sneak it at work :o) I looooooove Palm Springs. It’s been a while since I’ve been there! That looks like a pretty perfect road trip outfit. And I must say you look aMAZing in that bikini pic!

8. Luiza

9. Luiza Eleh

Kelli, your family are so perfect! You are so beautiful. I love your pictures and would love to see some pics from your home in this tag. Could you post for us? (trying to post for the 3rd time…)

10. Danielle

Kelli – this video is adorable and so is your family. Just loved it! What did you use to shoot it? I have done similar videos on just my iphone using isupr8 but I love how wide angle it is!

Thanks Danielle! I used my canon rebel to shoot it and just edited it in imovie. Hoping to get final cut one of these days! :)

11. or

dear kelli, i’m following your blog for more then a year,and i just ant to say that every post that you published inspire me, but this one is truly touched my emotions. amazing pictures, amazing family. and the most cutest baby in the whole world!

12. Anna

oh my goodness, what an adorable video!!! and she is seriously so cute. and she has your EXACT mouth – posing in those pictures!! adorable!

13. Ahlix Cervantes

Love your video! its so cute. Also checked out your Christmas vid on Vimeo and your Bam is to stinking cute with his hair cut. Beautiful family.

14. Kerrie

Ok Kelli …. spill the secret ….. how do you look SO amazing after having a baby??? That flat stomach rivals Miranda Kerr!! What a gorgeous mama you are with such a beautiful family and living life to the fullest. Such an inspiration! XOXO

oh my goodness you are so sweet. Thank you Kerrie. And i have no secret other than breastfeeding! haha!