OCEANSIDE PIER

It’s been so long since I’ve taken my camera with me on a family outing.  I am trying to get better at that!  I was all about it when Rylee was tiny.  I wanted to capture every moment!  But in the last few months, I’ve gotten pretty bad about it.  The only photos I take when we are out and about are on my phone (hello instagram)….and I’ve noticed i’ve got a decent gap going between 7 and 13 months where I don’t have many good photos documenting our family life or Rylee’s growth.  I’ve got to get in the habit again of lugging that thing around again!  No matter how inconvenient that sometimes is.  Those photos are precious to me.

This weekend we celebrated my brother in law’s 30th birthday.  We had a small get together at their home in Oceanside.  They live just a few blocks from the Oceanside Pier…so we decided to head that way after.  It was such a perfect night.  Luckily, I brought my camera along this time.  Rylee used to be really scared of the sand (a pretty big bummer for living in a beach town!) … but she is finally warming up to it!  This weekend was the first time she walked around the beach without having to clutch onto my hand.  She still prefers the clutch, but she is well on her way to conquering her fear! haha.  Good news for the both of us.  Sometimes, I forget how lucky we are to live here.  The beauty of the ocean never ceases to amaze me.  It has a way of bringing me back to reality and quieting all the many distractions that life can bring.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. xo.

(p.s. Come back tomorrow because I’ll be sharing a DIY on how I made the fringe top Rylee is wearing is these photos!) So fun and easy.

1. Giulia

OMG! How a baby can be so pretty!
    You guys make the perfect family, a gorgeous baby girl, a beautiful wife and beautiful husband.

All the best for you.

xx
    Giulia

2. Bri

oh! I would love to live by the beach! lucky you! this photos are great! love Rylee’s outfit too cute!

we are for real Natalie! haha. Those two can’t get enough of each other….we’ll have to control that later ;)

3. Virginie

These pictures are amazing, such beautiful post! Your family is so cute and inspiring, little Rylee sure makes my baby fever go wild!

SoMust be nice living by the beach :)

Virginie xo

4. Cory Lane

Oh my goodness….I seriously love this post! These pictures are so amazing, the lighting, the colors, the subjects! So perfect. What kind of camera do you use?! And I must know…are you a point and shooter, or have you actually taken the time to get to know your camera?? I have a large one that I splurged on a few years back…but I confess…I still don’t know how to do anything other than auto! Again, lovely post, beautiful family! xo

Oh my gosh Cory! You and I are the same! I have a canon rebel…and I still shoot on auto too! (I am hanging my head in shame!) ha. One of these days I will learn! I know how to edit the crap out of them in Photoshop, so although my originals are not the best, the final outcome is up to par.

5. anna

great photos! i’m dying to get a decent DSLR.

my little one was (is… i’m not sure cause we haven’t been for a very long while) the same with sand… she won’t go anywhere near the beach without her tiny havianas on. even when she’s in the water.

6. Cory Lane

Haha ok! I feel a little better about myself! ;) but you nailed it your edits are incredible! Guess one of these days Ill have to figure out what Im doing or buy a nice photo editing program! (No way I can afford photoshop!) thanks for sharing….and continue to lug that thing around for us, its a win for all of us! ;)

7. Natasha

Awww! I love this post! I totally get what you mean about the big camera lugging and the photo taking tapering off. I guess it coincides with baby mobility. Getting a focused shot of my son is a serious achievement these days, and he’s not quite walking yet!

8. Tania

I love her meow shirt! I can’t wait to make an adult size version and maybe I’ll look as cute