BABYDOLL

Dress (similar) & Bag – Urban Outfitters //  Boots – H&M

So, yesterday I finally dyed my hair purple (here’s a pic).  For those of you who follow along regularly, you know I’ve been talking about doing this for a while now.  My sister and I do each other’s hair….so we decided to experiment with a lavender to platinum ombre.  And it kind of worked!  It’s duller, more grey-purple than what we had hoped for…BUT, it was definitely a good first try!  It’s only a semi permanent….so it won’t be sticking around long, but it’s fun for a change!  I think next time we will boost up the color to see how that looks.  It’s weird, but i’m getting more daring in my ‘old age’.  I thought that was supposed to work the other way?  haha.

I’ve been living in these flowy babydoll dresses from Urban Outfitters.  I have this one, this one, and this one.  But warning….don’t dry them!  Sadly, one of them accidentally got throw in the dryer and is now closer to fitting Rylee than it is me! Honestly, things really aren’t supposed to shrink that much.  Isn’t that the worst!??

Photos by Erica

1. Christine Evolving

Love the Lavender! I hope you try it again! I know what you mean about taking more risks with age – I just turned thirty and have never felt more “myself” and confident xo

2. Bria Pelayo

Love the lavender hair! What formula did you use to get it? I am a hairstylist and always love to hear others formulas :)

3. Kastles

Loved the purple hair! And seriously you rock a hat like no other (I am sure I say this every time you wear one :))
    If I had blonde hair I would for sure be dying it lavender
    Shrinking stuff is the worst :( My lil sis shrank this beautiful coat from Anthro, it’s so tiny now. She said she is saving it for my future child, haha.

Have a great rest of your day!
    <3 Kastles

You’re the sweetest Kassandra! I would hate to shrink anything from Anthro!! The price tag is not forgiving! :)

4. Ida

You’re my inspiration <3
    Hugs from a girl of almost 17 who had a miscarriage a year ago

5. LBN

obsessed with that dress! i hope they get it back in a medium, i’m just sure a small would e way too short

6. Amber

I have two of those dresses as well and they both shrunk a bit too, even though I didn’t dry them :( I found out they have to be hand washed. Just a heads up for anybody who has those dresses or is planning to get them! :)

I just realized this too Amber! It’s not even as close to as bad as the one I put in the dryer….but it definitely shrunk a little just washing and hanging dry. I guess they just shrink with water! ayiyi.

7. erica

Super cute dress, you look gorgeous in this last photo. I wish I could dye my hair a fun color. love that the purple is a subtle touch…very pretty.

xo erica

8. Charity

oh, such a cute look! love how you wore with the hat & boots–tres chic. And the hair color looks so good! great blog.

9. Kyleen

For those of you wondering. I used Joico CCV on her hair dry with a 5 volume. It’s more of a toner so it didn’t last as long as we’d like but we’re still experimenting :)

10. Kennede

I love the pattern on this dress so much! The whole outfit is adorable.

11. Latrina

Super cute dress. And you wear it so well too. :)

Loving the purple by the way! :) Would love to pull that off someday.

12. a

Thank you, I’ve just been looking for info approximately this topic for ages and yours
    is the best I have found out till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you
    positive concerning the source?