Glitter Guide // Rylee’s Room
3KR-GLITTER159 4KR-GLITTER36 1KR-GLITTER53 2KR-GLITTER169 11KR-GLITTER83 5KR-GLITTER53 6KR-GLITTER13 7KR-GLITTER50 8KR-GLITTER77 9KR-GLITTER04 11KR-GLITTER65 12KR-GLITTER59 10KR-GLITTER79 13KR-GLITTER40

Rylee and I were honored to be featured over on Glitter Guide yesterday as a part their Little Gem column!  If you missed it, you can see the full interview here.  I wrote a lot about life as a working mom and some of the ways in which motherhood has changed me.  My favorite little tid bit from the interview:

Do you have any advice for other moms who are striving to balance work and family?

I think a lot of us put pressure on ourselves to “do it all”…and to do it all with ease. I know I did in the beginning and it just about killed me. I often felt a nagging guilt for not doing enough for Rylee, not doing enough for myself, not being the best wife I could be, not being able to finish everything I set out to do. The list goes on. I so badly wanted to do it all, but I quickly came to the realization that it just wasn’t going to happen. I had to step back, slow down, take a deep breath and prioritize. For the first time in my life, I had to change the way I operated. I had to create a schedule (imagine that) and figure out where to “cut the fat” in my life. Even though it was hard, I had to give myself grace in the process.

It’s so easy to compare ourselves to other moms who seemingly have it all together…but I promise, underneath that combed hair and thought-out outfit, there was something they struggled with that morning, too. I think it’s important for all of us to support and encourage each other—wherever we are—instead of trying to decide who’s doing it right and who’s doing it wrong. At the end of the day, we just have to make the best decisions for ourselves and our families and our overall happiness. And that might look a lot different for each of us.

A huge thanks to my pal Jackie Wonders for capturing such great pics of my girl and her room!  There’s even more…I just had to split them into two posts! …to be continued ;)

1. Nicolle S

I remember when you took newborn photos of Rylee in this room. Look how much she’s grown!

2. Sarah LoCascio

Kelli this is absolutely stunning, the whole room is so soothing and beautiful. The photos are gorgeous, your friend did a wonderful job capturing the feel of the space. Congrats on the article!

3. nellie

I just finished reading the whole article and loved it! You seem like a really kind person and a wonderful mother. I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and I’ve loved many of your posts, but I think this post, combined with the article, has been my favorite one yet. <3

4. Ashleigh (Lust Creative)

Oh my goodness Kelli, this room is beautiful. I’ve only just discovered your blog/portfolio through another blogger (isn’t the internet great?!) and I am in love. Cannot wait to go exploring and see more updates from you. Your work is amazing!
    Ashleigh xxoo

5. Amy

I love your little girls room! Simple yet stunning!! Did you make the poofs above her bed? What are they made out of??

6. Jana

The room ist really amazing! Such a inspiration. I totally love the rocker, where did you get it?

Greetings from Germany! :)

7. Nadia

Hi Kelli,

I absolutely love Rylee’s nursery/room! You truly have an amazing eye.

I was wondering where you sourced the embroidery hoops from? I’d love to add a little something to my baby’s room….

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

Nadia

8. kristin

Hi Kelli,
    Rylee is adorable and her room is so elegant. My husband and I are expecting a little girl and have used her design as inspiration. We ordered the puffs and are having trouble hanging them like you did where is looks 3 dimensional. Our are hanging from eh wall but do not look nearly as good. Did you hang your from the ceiling to get that look? Any advice would be very much appreciated. I love you blog and thank you for being so honest about feelings of guilt and trying to do it all. I really struggle with that myself.
    Kristin

Hi Kristin! Yes, the poms are hung from the ceiling. We just used a clear tack and thread and hung them all at different lengths!

9. Jess

Congrats on your beautiful girl and family! Her room is SO beautiful! I just live the flag banners and the peach blanket you have her in when she was a baby. Where are they both from? I’m trying to do the same color theme! :)
    Thank you for your wonderful inspiration!
    Jess

10. Sarah

Hi Kelli! this is a beautiful room you’ve created for your daughter. You have such a gift. I especially love the colors of your walls; would you mind sharing what specific paint/colors you used for them? I would greatly appreciate any information you’re able to share! thank you so much!