IT’S A BOY
collection no.2_a collection no.2

1  /  2  /  3  /  4  /  5  /  6  /  7  /  8

You may have already heard through instagram, but Sam and I are thrilled to announce we are having a baby boy! We couldn’t be more excited!  It’s taken a little while for it to fully sink in…..I mean, I’ve been in girl mode for almost 3 years now! And while I obviously knew a boy was a possibility, I was more shocked than I thought I’d be when I saw….”it”….on the screen!  We’ve had a boy name picked out for a while now, so I love that I can already call him by his name…Cru Larson.  Middle name is still TBD.  I’ve been doing a little a lot of online hunting to familiarize myself with the boy side of things.  I’ve come to realize it’s definitely more of a challenge, and comes a lot less naturally to me.  I’m sure I’ll find my way soon enough! Until then, suggestions are welcome!

I’m 20 weeks now and his kicks keep getting stronger.  They started out as little flutters, but have grown so strong to where I can see him moving from the outside.  It’s my favorite part of pregnancy, and I can’t say there is much I love about being pregnant other than feeling him move and knowing what I will be gaining at the end of this journey.  Some women feel great and love the process, but I am not one of those women.  I meticulously count down the days until the finale.  This second pregnancy has been better in some ways, and harder in others.  The nausea is less frequent and less intense (with Rylee I had to stay on medication my entire pregnancy to curb the sickness that never went away).  But my body is more tired and achy, and most of the time, I just feel like an 80% version of myself.  BUT, I’m half way there.  And the thought of snuggling with him and kissing his cheeks make every discomfort worth it.  Still, Sept. 12th can’t come soon enough.

1. Daniella

Aww yay I’m so happy for you and your family. When I eventually have children, I’d feel so blessed to have a little boy and girl :)

Take care,
    Daniella xox

2. Dani

Continued congratulations! :)

How funny, I subbed in a Kindergarten class today, and heard the name Cru for the first time and thought how cool it was! :)

3. Danelle

Eeee! Congratulations! Rylee will love having a younger brother – especially with that age gap (same as me and my younger bro). It’s a great age gap! :)

Ahh that’s good to hear Danelle! I didn’t want such a big gap……but things don’t always go as planned! I’m sure Rylee will be his “little mom”. haha.

4. KaileyMarie

so happy for you Kelly! Boys are so fun, and after you get the hang of it, really fun to dress! Best of luck to you throughout your pregnancy. xx

5. Kassandra

Sweetest little picks! And so exciting you guys are having a boy! Well any sex is exciting :) I love the name, I knew you would pick a cool name. We don’t have much of a list for names picked, haha. Hope you are feeling better! And I totally get the 80% thing haha
    <3 Kastles

6. Raven

Congratulations Kelli! That’s so great he’s a boy & love the name you guys picked out. The good news about not knowing how to shop for boys is…lots of practice! Who doesn’t love to online browse? Hope the second half of the pregnancy goes great for you & those kicks keep on coming!

7. Minx

Congratulations!
    The name is wonderful, I wish your family the best in your new adventures to come.
    -M

8. abby

i’m 31 weeks along with our first- a boy! can’t wait to see all the finds you post here . . . i’ve found shopping for a boy to be super challenging!

We are in this together then Abby! :) Hope I can get the hang of it soon! Of course, I’ll share my finds! xx

9. Jen C

Such wonderful news! I LOVE the name! Rylee & Cru….fabulous. I’m glad your nausea isn’t as strong this time around. That was the WORST part of mine. It only lasted 9 weeks though and I felt pretty great the rest of the time. I hope things get better for you at some point. Everyone told me how great the 2nd trimester would be but I really found myself feeling the most like “me” in my third. Weird.

Anyway, my only advice for having a boy is to look into the “pee pee teepee.” It sounds a little crazy but let me tell ya…my mom got us a pack and we used them A LOT in the beginning. I’ve only changed a handful of girls’ diapers but have a lot of experience with my boy and those teepees were invaluable at times. Just Google it. You’ll get a good laugh, but don’t rule it out. They’re surprisingly absorbent and saved us many times from the “fountain.” :-)

10. Anna

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one that doesn’t love every part of being pregnant. Our little Elodie is due in 33 days and I am counting down the days!!