CRU’S NEWBORN PHOTOS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10b 11b 12b 14b-13b

Photos by Acres of Hope Photography

I can’t believe my baby is 2 months old today.  How is that even possible!?  It seems like it was just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital and wondering what life would be like with him a part of it! I thought it was about time I finally shared his newborn photos that were taken just a few days after he was born.   I have to say that the last two months have not been easy.  Cru has had a lot of digestive issues and discomfort since he was born.  To most people, I call it colic….but I’m not convinced that’s exactly what it is.  After trying everything I could think of, from changing my diet to gas drops to probiotics, I realized that the only thing that would probably help was time.  And now, at 2 months, I finally feel like he is turning a corner.  There are moments during the day when he is awake and happy, which was never the case just a week ago.  He is receptive to my talking and just started to give me the biggest grins and coo’s.  It’s so incredibly life giving after weeks of feeling pretty helpless and defeated.  I know this is something so many mom’s have had to deal with, I just had no idea how hard it really was.  Rylee was an easy baby, so learning how to cope with the constant crying all the while still trying to attend to an attention starved 3 year old has been…..well…..exhausting.  I am looking forward to the day when all his tummy troubles are gone and he is the happy baby I know he will be.  I feel like I have been getting glimpses of it lately, which is one of the only things getting me through this tough season.  Knowing that it will pass and that in time, I will probably forget how hard it was and want to do it all over again ;)  That’s the way it’s supposed to work isn’t it?

Anyway, happy two months Cru man.  You’ve taught me so much already and I can’t wait to see you grow.  I love you more than you’ll ever know.

1. Lindsey

These photos couldn’t be more precious! My little one was (is) a lot of work, and it really does get better with time. Now I’m ready for a 2nd, and hoping it’ll be an easy baby!

2. Mari

I so appreciate your transparency! I had a tough time for the first 6 months or so of my now 11 month olds life. Between winter and baby blues, hormones, sleep deprivation and a move to a new state with a 2 month old that completely messed up any routine we’d built, it was so hard to answer honestly when people asked if I was loving motherhood or how I was doing. Things are so much better now, he’s such a wonderful little person and I can finally honestly say that I do love it! Hang in there, trust the Lord and accept and ask for all the help you need during this tough period, it will get better even if it doesn’t feel like it right now!

3. Joanna

Oh Kelly, sad babies are the hardest! People always said my boy had colic and it always made me a little frustrated at their diagnosis…that was until I looked up the definition and it just means tummy problems! – I still don’t like the term and its connotations :) Praying Cru keeps turning the corner!!!

4. Kendra

He’s so sweet! I had a friend who thought it was that and her daughter had some food allergies but what it actually was her spine being out of alignment! She took her baby to the chiropractor and had an adjustment done! Seemed to fix the issue. It must be so challenging when they are so wee and have no voice except cries and screams.

best of luck!

5. Sabina

He is so perfect–and the photos are all stunning. Sorry o hear of his digestive problems but they may get better on their own as his stomach grows and develops. My daughter (now nine months) was constantly gassy and fussy for the first five months but now rarely has a problem.

6. Sharda

Hi Kelli,

You always look so perfect and on top of everything that you would never know behind the scenes you are struggling with an unsettled baby….I seriously don’t know how you do it? My little boy is 5 months and to be honest reading this gives me hope, he is my first and we have had a lot of trouble for the first 3 months with colic/ digestive problems…I wasn’t sure if it was just what every baby is like but you saying that your first was much easier makes me think I could have another one.
    Anyway sending the best of luck it will get so much easier I’m sure once he gets past the three month mark…the photos of him are divine he is such a wee cutie.

Thank you Sharda! I know, it’s definitely hard when you are in the midst of it. From talking to a lot of other mama’s though, I know it is bound to get better soon! Knowing that somehow makes it more bearable. We can do it :) And hopefully your next one will be easy as pie ;) xx

7. Christine

So sweet, especially the ones with Rylee being so set with her baby brother.

Hope his tummy problems work out soon. Have you looked into massage techniques for his tummy? I just learned about it today and will keep it in my arsenal in addition to everything you’ve tried if my baby experiences the same issues.

8. Kassandra

Aww poor little guy! The baby smiles & coos are the best :) Glad he seems to be getting a bit better! I will be praying for you guys! Enjoy your weekend!
    <3 Kastles